I am an evolutionary biologist currently working as a postdoctoral fellow at the University of Toronto with Dr Julie Teichroeb and Dr Shawn Lehman. I am primarily interested the mechanisms that promote cooperation in human and non-human primates. During my PhD, my research focused on understanding why vervet monkeys participate in intergroup fights. In particular, I was interested in how males and females each manipulate the cooperative behaviour of their fellow group members during intergroup fights.
I am currently working on a number of research projects including:
(1) the food for sex market in vervet monkeys
(2) foraging decisions in vervet monkeys
(3) the diet and association patterns of Angolan colobus monkeys
(4) the mechanisms promoting spontaneous helping in humans, and
(5) individual differences in public goods production in the presence of eye cues